Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What have we here? From chaos to order. ..one step at a time.

They say there is a time for all things under the sun, a time for joy and a time for sorrow, a time for pain and a time for laughter and all that. .. well, there must also be a time for tidy and a time for clutter, for without one, we wouldn't know so well the other.

Growing up in a fastidiously organized home, I still wonder how that happened, I found myself appalled to see my house in a continual state of chaos and with that appallation came judgment from that inner voice that said I was a failure.

A failure! A failure?! The other voices chimed in, how could I be a failure!? Look at your life woman! Look and see what has happened, look where you are, look at what you have overcome! You are alive aren't you!? Then, goshmdarnit ease up woman and let it be!

So I did. I agreed that I could be no better than where I was and that what I could do was to continually grow in presence and in that inner place of peace of mind would grow the outer expression of it.

And it has.

And here we are.

The house stays in a relatively clean state and things seem to be in locations that work for order, or moving closer to that. So, now, for the order of a life to be maintained there must be a schedule, a routine of some sort, a purpose in this existance that is mine.

Allright, for you, the reader: these things you must know. I am the solo adult in this house and I work out of my home, I also dally with a radio show on the university campus, am unschooling my 9 year old daughter and am expecting another child in July. I have come to a place where I actually want order back in my life, in our lives. I value what can be accomplished when things are organized and how much easier life is.  I am at a place where I know I can do this, and some important things must be accomplished, not in a year's time, but in less than 6 months.

By the time this baby is born I expect to be in a routine that supports a productive and proactive life. I have goals for my work and for educating my daughter and for this house. And I have the desire to use this blog as an opportunity to keep myself accountable.

Order and organization require consistancy and awareness and with a blog I will need to maintain daily it will help me with that. I know I can do this, in fact, it excites me. I have so many dreams and this place is the springboard from which to leap and soar into them. ...

1 comment:

  1. hi i just think that i can feel you...:) you can also check my blog..www.atthedesignerz.com

    ReplyDelete