Good morning on this chilly Maine day. I didn't write yesterday, and I'd rather focus on what I did do. . .finished caulking the bathroom and painted it along with a 3rd needed layer on the kitchen. I also painted over those nasty tiles in the bathroom that the landlord's wife, for some reason was so proud about. .I personally wonder why she wasted her time, and since I'm the one who has to look them, I changed them!
Dishes still need to be washed and some things put away or thrown out, but I've got other things to focus on today. I get to buy groceries for one thing. Yes, I'm so poor right now that food stamps and the occasional bits of cash along with the good stuff from food pantries keeps us fed. And today, is food stamp day! So I get to go shopping. . after my appointment with the Doula!
So, organizing my life isn't just about getting it clean and keeping it that way, though I am excited to NOT feel swamped by the clean up after a remodeling adventure. I have money to make, literally, with my sewing machine, and a daughter to encourage in stimulating her creative mind along with math. And this baby and my well-being are important factors to keep in mind. My personal peace within is of much importance to me. Lately that has involved clearing out of my life negative people who would attempt to bring me down, to judge me, criticize me rudely (I'm all for honest thoughts on issues and differences of opinion, but don't tell me my opinion is BS just because you can't understand it!). So, that hasn't been easy as I like to have peace with people. . .but, just as with extra furniture and old crap from highschool, I am better off without it.
When you clear out stuff, you either leave space for good clear space or for something beautiful to fill it. That has been aiding me in clearing out.
I notice I struggle to get to bed early. Not that I'm not tired, but that I relish the time alone from my daughter. So, I've got to compromise there as I am struggling to rise at 7 when I go to bed by 11. I am thankful for the good rest I got last night even if I got up before 8. Tonight my goal is for early as tomorrow there is a gathering to which I have been greatly looking forward to and it will keep us up late.
In these long cold winters being able to be around people is truly a treasure, even if you know there will be some toxic people there.. hey, I don't have to talk to them. :) But I do get to talk to people who are good! yay!!
So, onto a breakfast of rice, beans and eggs, grocery list making and the doula. . . .oh ya, and gotta return the movies from the library! Thanks for the reminder. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment